There are always many things you can do to get involved with environmental work in Western New York, but as we round the bend to Earth Day (April 22), the number of things going on quadruples. Think of Grow as grand central station for all Western New York Earth Day activities! In fact, there’s so much going on that Earth Day has grown into Earth Week!
Learn about important topics. Each day during Earth Week, we will publish articles on important topics written by local experts. Topics include:
- Monday, April 16: WNY’s Great Outdoors – Preserving, improving and enjoying our Great Lakes region
- Tuesday, April 17: Energy – Renewable energy and efficiency at home and at work
- Wednesday, April 18: Growing – Local and sustainable food and gardening options in WNY
- Thursday, April 19: Transportation – Advancing alternatives to driving alone
- Friday, April 20: Sustainable Economic Development – Regional sustainability planning and economic growth in WNY
Be sure to visit us daily! We are excited to share these articles written by some very special guests.
Roll up your sleeves and act! You can pledge to participate in Earth Week activities. Volunteer with RiverKeeper’s Shoreline Cleanup, and come to the Complete Street Summit, a symposium on how national best practices can influence Buffalo’s streetscape. When you pledge to participate, we will send you updates about these and other upcoming events. CLICK HERE to sign up.
Get your green on and celebrate with us. We are inviting everyone to join us for the 2012 Earth Week Happy Hour – the social event of the green season! The event will take place at 5:30 PM on April 17 at D’Arcy McGee’s. There will be plenty of activities, including a drawing for free giveaways, a Buffalo First! Sustainable Business Fair, environmentally-themed speed networking, and much more. REGISTER TODAY!
As you can see, there are plenty of things to do. Let us know if you have your own Earth Day plans and we hope to see you soon!