Saturday, July 21, 2012 8:30AM to
Saturday, July 21, 2012 11:30AM
Come join Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper for our 2012 River Tour season! Here is a list of tour dates:
- July 21 - Strawberry Island Tour on the Niagara River-Interpretive tour
Description: Paddle the Upper Niagara River with tour leader, Paul Leuchner. See the many shore bird breeding habitats and learn about the history and restoration of Strawberry and Motor Islands. Click here to view the tour route. Some paddling experience is suggested due to open water conditions.
Time: Registration and safety introduction from 8:30-9 a.m., paddle from 9-11:30 a.m.
Length: Approximately three miles
Launch and Return: East River Canoe Launch, from the South Grand Island Bridge take Beaver Island/South Parkway (toward Beaver Island State Park), BEFORE YOU REACH THE PARK, take Left onto Ferry Road, and turn Right onto East River Road, boat launch is at the end of East River Road.
Cost: $15/person or $25/ family of four, $20 per canoe/kayak rental
- July 26 - Seneca Bluffs Hike and Paddle-Interpretive tour
- August 12 - Reflections on the Water-Interpretive tour
- August 14 - Sunset Happy Hour Paddle
- August 21 - Grain Elevator Tour-Interpretive tour
- August 31 - Blue Moon Paddle-Interpretive tour
- October 30 - Sunset/Costume Paddle-Interpretive tour
To register for a River Tour please click here to find and fill out the Registration Form.
River Tours are $15 per person and $25 per family up to 4 people
Boat Rentals are $20 per boat (canoe or kayak)
Please bring your own canoe, kayak, and/or life vests if you have them.